Skip to main content

Team 'Stop Acid Attacks' Looking for Contributions for Corrective Surgeries and Treatments

Source
After 25 years since being attacked by acid as a child, Neetu whose vision was heavily compromised was finally able on Monday to see big objects and shapes. Neetu had undergone this surgery last week at Shankar Netralaya in Chennai. It was found after her surgery that she also has a cataract which is expected to be treated this Wednesday, as informed by Chaanv Foundation, the NGO which runs the campaign called ‘Stop Acid Attacks’ and has facilitated the crowd funding for this treatment. After this procedure it is hoped that she will be able to read and write among other things, “a dream come true for her”.

Neetu is one of many acid attack survivors who have suffered various injuries due to acid attacks committed against them in the past, many of whose vision have been impaired to various degrees as a result. With the help of ‘Stop Acid Attack Campaign’ and Chaanv Foundation’s novel and now internationally popular initiative of cafes run by acid attack survivors in Agra, Lucknow and Udaipur called ‘Sheroes Hangout’, these women have not only been able to take back control of their lives but with the help of ongoing fundraiser campaigns such as this one have given themselves hopes for corrective surgeries and treatments to enable them to regain some of the anatomical functions, cruelly snatched away due to these attacks.

Another survivor named Rani when last visited Dr. LV Prasad Eye Hospital in Hyderabad, received news that there were 60 to 70% chances of her recovering her vision. But due to paucity of funds, she could not undergo this treatment. In a subsequent check up at Shankar Netralaya the chances of recovery drastically went down to 20 to 30%. As per a statement from the hospital uploaded on the fundraiser website Ketto.org this surgery would cost more than Rs 60,000, any delay in which could cost her all chances to regain any vision.

Source

Most women who have been attacked with acid have suffered injuries to their eyes and the ongoing fundraising campaign is trying to raise Rs 7 lacs in about a month to help get these women required assessments, treatments and surgeries. Apart from the campaign underway on Ketto.org, another fundraising campaign is running simultaneously on Generosity.com.

Apart from the surgeries, the expenses also include those for travelling, accommodation and other essential requirements in Chennai where these women are undergoing treatment. After the treatment the rehabilitation will also require them to spend time there, the costs for which will have to be borne by them. Below are listed the links for the online fundraising campaigns for those who are interested in making contributions.


Most Read

उच्च माध्यमिक स्तर पर सामाजिक पाठ्य विषय: महत्व और वस्तुस्थिति।

प्रस्तावना: हिन्दुस्तान के कई शहरों में उच्च माध्यमिक स्तर पर सामाजिक पाठ्य विषयों का विकल्प छात्र-छात्राओं के लिए मौजूद नही है। पर इस स्थिति पर एक समग्र विश्लेषणात्मक शोध की भारी कमी है।विज्ञान, वाणिज्य, कला या अन्य विषय समूह से चुने गए विषय ही निर्धारित करते हैं कि विद्यार्थी आगे जा कर किस क्षेत्र में काम करेगा पर साथ ही यह भी कि उसका सामाजिक और राजनैतिक दृष्टिकोण क्या होगा। इसलिए सामाजिक पाठ्यक्रम को मिलने वाली चुनौतियों के मद्देनज़र उच्च माध्यमिक स्तर पर ध्यान देना अति आवश्यक है।

Ranglok Theatre Festival: Putting Agra On The Indian Theatre Map

Monsoon perhaps inspires more art than any other season; especially performance art. So, what could be better than a festival of theatre to be held right in the midst of this season. Ranglok Sanskritik Sansthan, one of the most prominent theatre groups in the city of Agra, is bringing a four-day theatre festival to the iconic Sursadan auditorium in Agra this month. To be held from 22nd of July till 25th of July, Ranglok Theatre Festival will feature four plays.

हिन्दी एक्शन-फंतासी कॉमिक उपसंस्कृति की यात्रा- इंद्रजाल से लेकर राज कॉमिक्स तक

एक्शन और फंतासी का मिलन एक बेहद शक्तिशाली सांस्कृतिक गठजोड़ है। और अक्सर यह सांस्कृतिक रूप से महत्वपूर्ण गठजोड़ उपभोक्तावाद के लिए भी बहुमूल्य हो जाता है। हैरी पॉर्टर की उपन्यास श्रंखला के लिए पूरे विश्व में दीवानगी को देख लीजिए या फिर अमेरिका की कॉमिक बुक इंडस्ट्री की आपार सफलता को ही, एक्शन और फंतासी की ताकत का अंदाज़ा आपको लग जाएगा। इस गठजोड़ से हमेशा एक उपसंस्कृति का जन्म होता है जिससे उपजे संसार या फिर बहु-संसारों में बच्चे और युवा रोमांच और आनंद तलाशते हैं।
क्योंकि यह उपसंस्कृति भाषा से निर्मित होती है, इसलिए अलग-अलग भाषाएँ और उनका सामाजिक संदर्भ इन उपसंस्कृतियों का स्वरूप निर्धारित करते हैं। हिन्दी भाषा में आधुनिक समय में पहला एक्शन और फंतासी का गठजोड़, हिन्दी साहित्य के पहले उपन्यासों में से एक, देवकी नंदन खतरी द्वारा रचित ‘चंद्रकांता’ में देखा जा सकता है। तिलिस्म और एक्शन से भरपूर इस उपन्यास में कई ऐसे तत्व थे जिन्होंने इस रचनावली को उस समय में ही नहीं, बल्कि आगे के समय में भी लोगों के लिए रोचक और आकर्षक बनाए रखा।
हिन्दी कॉमिक बुक्स का संसार कभी बहुत समृद्ध या वृहद नहीं रहा, पर एक…